1 – sensitive
2 – determined
3 – considerate
4 – imaginative
5 – insensitive
6 – ambitious
10 — bad-tempered
Objective advanced, page 10
1. She seems very conscientious and is obviously putting a lot of effort into her new job.
2. With two years’ experience in the classroom, I’d say he’s a very competent teacher.
3. I think she’d make a great team leader because she’s a decisive sort of person, whereas I find it hard to make up my mind.
4. It was a narrow-minded decision to resign in protest at the company’s pollution record.
5. I’d describe her as a down-to-earth sort of person with no pretensions.
6. One of his daughters is outgoing, while the other one is really shy — how strange!
7. To my mind, he has a very unconventional way of dressing — it’s very creative.
8. You could say they display the typical, narrow-minded attitudes of small communities.
9. She gave a very persuasive speech about the need for more funding.
10. If she’s an international lawyer, then she needs to be very knowledgeable in her job.